I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Parkinson’s Awareness Course
Raising awareness of the issue of service users who have Parkinson’s within the care environment.
By the end of the session candidates will be able to:
- Explain what Parkinson’s is
- You will be able to identify how it manifests itself i.e. signs and symptoms
- Describe the range of medication currently available to service user with Parkinson’s and criticality of timing with regards to administration
- Identifying the dangers to the service user with Parkinson’s with regards to mobility and eating
- Explain and demonstrate suitable strategies when working with service users who have Parkinson’s
Attendees may be required to complete an underpinning knowledge test
Guided learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance