I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
First Aid at Work Training
Length: This course must total a minimum of 18 hours.
Certification: First Aid at Work Training Level 3 (FAW) (Valid for 3 years)
Covering a wide range of first aid emergencies, this 3-day First Aid At Work training course enables participants to qualify as full First Aiders in the workplace. The course can be tailored to specific work environments in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Following successful completion of the training course and final assessment, participants will be awarded with a First Aid at Work certificate. The qualification is valid for three years.
Aims of the FAW Course:
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident.
- Deal with an unconscious casualty.
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR).
- Control bleeding and manage shock.
- Deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Deal with a casualty suffering burns and scalds.
- Manage eye injuries.
- Deal with casualties overcome by fumes
- Deal with casualties suffering from poisoning.
- Deal with a broad range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical care.
- Maintain records.
- Use and maintain first aid kits.