I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Diabetes Awareness Course
Raising awareness of the issue of service users who have diabetes within the care environment.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Explain what diabetes is
- Identify signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Describe different types of diabetes and how the service user will present with each type
- Identify methods of measuring blood sugar levels and action to be taken if sugar is high or low
- Carry out first aid emergency action for a service user who is critically high or low
- Identifying dangers to the service user with diabetes with regards to diet and circulatory issues
- Explain / demonstrate suitable strategies when working with service users who have diabetes
Guided Learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance