I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Sensory Impairment Awareness Course
Raising awareness of the issue of service users who have sensory impairments within the care environment.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Explain “what is sensory impairment?”
- Identify ways it can affect the service user
- State ways for improvement of the quality of life of the service user with sensory impairment
- Engage in role play around the issues of hearing loss, visual impairment
- State other senses that may be affected i.e. taste, smell and how to make food visually attractive for the service users
- Identify hazards to the service user with visual impairments and ways of reducing their impact
Guided learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance