Intermediate Certificate in Supervising Health & Safety
Length: 3 days
Certification: 2 hours / 60 question objective test
Health and safety involves reducing the risks of accident and ill health associated with work activities, whether they affect employees, employers, the self-employed, visitors or the public. The supervisor will have the responsability of influencing and training employees in health and safety, and enfiorcing better practice with managers, to provide better health and safety standards.
This course ensures the supervisor has the knowledge and skill to look after the health and safety of the employees.
Aims of the Course:
- To provide understanding of the main concepts of health and safety.
- To promote the benefits of health and safety culture.
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety.
- To provide an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors.
- Concept of Health & Safety
- Accidents in the Workplace
- Ill Health in the Workplace
- Legal Provisions (UK Only)
- Health & Safety Organisation and Management
- Supervising Health & Safety