I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Personal Relationships and Sexuality Course
This course will:-
- Raise awareness about sexuality in people with learning disabilities / general public.
- Enable participants to explore personal / societal issues relating to the sexuality of people with learning difficulties.
- Importance of relationships / friendships.
- Personal care / staff guidance.
The aim of this course is to raise individual awareness in the area of sexuality. This course will highlight staff dilemmas concerning this area and how to work through those dilemmas.
The course will cover specific procedural guidelines in this field of work and look at how to deal with some very delicate issues. Emphasis will be placed upon equal opportunities within the realms of sexuality
- Have an understanding of the issues pertaining to sexuality and learning disability.
- Deal with basic problems that arise within the spectrum of sexuality work
- Cope with your own prejudice when working in this area
- Deal with sensitive issues in the area of sexuality
- Understand what it is like to have a learning disability and be a sexual being
- Have an understanding of the law in the area of sexuality and learning disabilities
- Be generally more confident in dealing with this area of work
Guided learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance